DR. WENDY LIAO
Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
Wendy Liao DDS, is board certified in oral & maxillofacial surgery. Dr. Liao is a member of both the American and California Associations of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons and has been published in the Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. Liao is a long-time Bay Area resident, growing up in Danville before attending the University of California, Berkeley where she received B.A. degrees in music and biology. She attended dental school at the University of California, Los Angeles. Upon graduation, she returned to the Bay Area and started her residency in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Highland General Hospital of Alameda County Medical Center in Oakland. She completed her residency and received her Certificate of Specialty in 2008.
Following up her years of hospital training, Dr. Liao went on to work for a number of years in private practice before founding Parkside Oral Surgery & Implant Center in 2011. Her practice focuses on dentoalveolar surgeries, oral pathology and dental implant surgeries.
Dr. Liao is on staff at Highland General Hospital of Alameda County Medical Center. Highland Hospital is a trauma center with large patient care capacity. As a hospital staff surgeon, she performs operations on patients who have experienced facial trauma from motor vehicle accidents, pathogens or violence. In addition to her surgical duties, Dr. Liao is a Surgical Attending & Clinical Professor, giving her the opportunity to work with and teach students and residents. Dividing her professional time between the practice and hospital work, Dr. Liao finds that the balance of the two settings keeps her on the leading edge of developments in oral and maxillofacial surgery, treatments and technologies.
The scope of her practice includes, among others:
- Outpatient Anesthesia
- Dentoalveolar Surgery to manage diseases of the teeth and their supporting soft and hard tissues
- Dental implants to replace missing teeth
- Facial Trauma Surgery
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorder
- Pathologic Conditions, such as cysts and tumors of the jaw
- Surgical Correction of Maxillofacial Skeletal Deformities
- Facial Cosmetic Surgery
Currently, Dr. Liao lives in Oakland with her husband and son. If and when she does have free time, she enjoys traveling, reading, and simply enjoying the quiet moments in life. Dr. Liao looks forward to meeting each of you and getting to know you better both personally and professionally. She hopes to be able to serve you all to the high standards you expect.
Current Practice Affiliations and Certifications
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Member, American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member, California Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Staff Surgeon, Alameda County Medical Center
- Head Surgeon, Parkside Oral Surgery and Implant Center
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) - Certification for intervention in cardiovascular and other life threatening emergencies
Past Clinical Experience
- Alameda County Medical Center, Oakland, CA
- Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, CA
- Stonestown Surgery Center, San Francisco, CA
- Bayside Oral Surgery, Berkeley, CA
Past Teaching Experience
- Assistant Professor of Oral Surgery, University of Pacific, San Francisco, CA
- B.A. Music, and Molecular Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 1995-1999
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), University of California, Los Angeles, 2000-2004
- Certificate in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Alameda County Medical Center, Oakland, CA 2004-2008