Meet Wendy Liao, DDS
Dr. Liao is a board-certified oral and maxillofacial surgeon. Dr. Liao is a member of both the American and California Associations of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons and has been published in the Journal of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery.
Dr. Liao is a long-time Bay Area resident, growing up in Danville before attending the University of California, Berkeley, where she received her B.A. degrees in music and biology. She attended dental school at the University of California, Los Angeles. Upon graduation, she returned to the Bay Area and started her residency in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery at Highland General Hospital of Alameda County Medical Center in Oakland. She completed her residency and received her Certificate of Specialty in 2008.
After years of hospital training, Dr. Liao went on to work in private practice before founding Parkside Oral Surgery & Implant Center in 2011. Her practice focuses on dentoalveolar surgeries, oral pathology, and dental implant surgeries.
More About Dr. Liao
Dr. Liao is currently on staff at the regional trauma hospital, John Muir Hospital, in Walnut Creek, CA. Dr. Liao was previously on staff at Highland General Hospital of Alameda County Medical Center, another regional trauma center until 2020. As a hospital staff surgeon, she performs operations on patients who have experienced facial trauma from motor vehicle accidents, pathogens, or violence. In addition to her surgical duties, Dr. Liao was a Surgical Attending & Clinical Professor, giving her the opportunity to work and teach students and residents. Dr. Liao finds dividing her professional time between private practice and hospital work provides her with the right balance to keep her on the leading edge of developments in oral and maxillofacial surgery, treatments, and technologies.
Currently, Dr. Liao lives with her family and her beagle. In her free time, she enjoys traveling, reading, and simply enjoying the quiet moments in life. Dr. Liao looks forward to meeting each of you and getting to know you better both personally and professionally in order to serve you at the high standards you expect.
Current Practice Affiliations and Certifications
- Diplomate, American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- Member, American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member, California Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Staff Surgeon, Alameda County Medical Center
- Head Surgeon, Parkside Oral Surgery & Implant Center
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) – Certification for intervention in cardiovascular and other life-threatening emergencies
Past Clinical Experience
- Alameda County Medical Center, Oakland, CA
- Kaiser Permanente, Oakland, CA
- Stonestown Surgery Center, San Francisco, CA
- Bayside Oral Surgery, Berkeley, CA
Past Teaching Experience
- Assistant Professor of Oral Surgery, University of Pacific, San Francisco, CA
- B.A. Music, and Molecular Cell Biology, University of California, Berkeley, CA 1995-1999
- Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), University of California, Los Angeles, 2000-2004
- Certificate in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Alameda County Medical Center, Oakland, CA 2004-2008
Practice Scope Includes, but Not Limited to:
- Outpatient anesthesia
- Dentoalveolar surgery to manage diseases of the teeth and their supporting soft and hard tissues
- Dental implants to replace missing teeth
- Facial trauma surgery
- Pathologic conditions, such as cysts and tumors of the jaw
- Surgical correction of maxillofacial skeletal deformities