What to Do
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for six (6) hours prior to the appointment.
- No smoking at least twelve (12) hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves, which can be rolled up past the elbow. Please do not wear high-heels or flip-flops.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, artificial nails, or dark nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office.
- Please take all routine medications per your normal routine, unless otherwise directed by the oral surgeon.
If you have questions, PLEASE contact the office at 510-865-1114.