Skip to Content
What to Do
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to your appointment. Please take all routine medications per your normal routine, unless otherwise directed by the oral and maxillofacial surgeon.
- If directed to take medications, you may take these with a sip of water only.
- Patients having anesthesia should abstain from smoking for at least 1 week before the procedure to avoid complications with anesthesia.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following anesthesia.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves, which can be rolled up past the elbow. Please do not wear high-heels or flip-flops.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed before the surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, artificial nails, or dark nail polish on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office ahead of time for further guidance from our surgeons.